Getting Maximum Benefits For Those Injured At Work
Have you suffered an injury at work? You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits to help cover the medical costs and other expenses as a result of your injury.
At Zumbado & Elmore in Hampton, New Hampshire, and Boston, Massachusetts, our lawyers represent people who have been injured in workplace accidents. We offer a free initial consultation to evaluate your work injury claim and explain your rights.
What Benefits Am I Entitled To Receive?
As an injured worker, you are entitled to the following benefits if you are injured in a workplace accident or suffer from an occupational illness:
- A weekly check during your disability
- Medical treatment and prescription drugs for as long as you need them
- A second opinion if you do not agree with the workers’ compensation doctor’s diagnosis
- Vocational rehabilitation services or alternative work opportunities if you can’t return to your old job
- Reinstatement once you have recuperated from your injury
- Lump-sum settlement for any percentage of impairment that remains after you reach maximum medical improvement
Can I Sue My Employer?
While you cannot sue your employer or anyone who works for your employer, you can file a personal injury suit against any third party who is responsible for your workplace injury. For example, if you are injured in a car accident that occurs while you are working, you may have two injury claims:
- A workers’ compensation claim with your employer
- A personal injury claim against the driver of the other car
Speak With An Rockingham County Work Injury Attorney
To schedule a free initial consultation with a work injury attorney at our firm, call 800-926-7677 or send us a message now. If you cannot meet with us at one of offices, our lawyers will come to you.